In addition to being a contra dancer and caller, I’ve done a bunch of other types of dance; including swing. This is a contra that steals a move from swing dancing, because we shouldn’t just steal from English Country. I’ve called it in a couple different venues, and it’s been well received. I demo the arm-bridge balance. I hope to get a video of the dance up at some point, but feel free to contact me to talk about it.
Entangled in Monte Carlo
(4) Long lines yearn forward on the left diagonal
(12) Gents take new neighbor home and swing
(8) Circle Left 3/4 (with neighbor and shadow)
(4) Balance the Ring
(4) California Twirl with Neighbor
(8) Arm Bridge Balance with partner (women end in middle of set, gents on outside)
(8) 1/2 Hey passing right shoulders with partner
(16) Partner gypsy and swing
Notes: In the initial long lines, your partner is on one side of you and your shadow is on the other.
The arm bridge balance is stolen from swing dancing.
Two hand balance, Lift hands, putting your left hand behind your own head, and Right hand behind partners head. Release hands, and slide along arms to catch right hand to right hand