I tend to use this one in community dances with lots of middle-schoolers or teenagers; but I’ve also had it work well with college students, wedding parties, and mixed groups.
Charge and Drag
by Luke Donforth
(8) Long lines, forward and back
(8) Partner Do-si-do
(16) Partner balance and swing (or two hand turn), end facing up the set and separate
(16) Top & Bottom couple make arches
Top couple go down over left line; Bottom couple go up over other line
(8) bottom & top couples charge (sashay) the middle of the set, meet in the middle
(8) couple below drag couple above to bottom of the set; above couple can resist a bit
It’s a silly dance, and you can encourage the dancers to ham it up on the charge and drag part; or folks standing out to duck or not as they see fit; etc.
The other longways dance I’ve written that gets use in similar circumstances to this one is “Revive the High Five”.